Who Are We?
giginthesky.com (the website) is owned by Coolgorilla Ltd UK Company number 11126922 registered office Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you use a facebook account to log in and either view other people’s “Gig In The Sky” or create your own.
The information we request from your facebook profile is as follows;
First Name: (i.e. Joe)
Last Name: (i.e. Bloggs)
Facebook ID: (i.e. 12345678912)
City: (i.e. London)
Country: (i.e. United Kingdom)
Email Address: (i.e. email@example.com)
If you create a “Gig In The Sky” then we will also store the track / song selections you have chosen.
We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete contact forms or participate in competitions.
How will we use the information about you?
The information we collect about you is required so that;
- You can use the service
- You can manage and update your music selections
- We can personalise repeat visits to www.giginthesky.com
- We can compile music charts based on the country and / or age brackets
- So that you and your facebook friends can see which songs each other have chosen (if you consent to that option)
- You can share your song selections with friends on social media or the wider web (if you consent to that option)
- To email you regarding the website, your account
Coolgorilla Ltd will not sell or share your information for marketing purposes.
Our Lawful Basis
Our lawful basis for processing this information is that users consent in providing us the information.
The service we provide enables you to record and share the songs you wish to be played at your funeral and so to meet this purpose it is necessary that we store the information indefinitely unless you delete your account.
Access to your information
We believe in complete transparency when it comes to personal data and so our users can easily view this by logging on at https://app.giginthesky.com and clicking on the “Settings” button. Here you will see exactly what information is held regarding your account.
You have the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict, and port any of your personal data we hold at any time along with the right to object to our holding or processing of your data.
If you wish to delete your account and remove your data from our database then simply log on at https://app.giginthesky.com, click on the “Settings” button and you will have the option to delete your account.
How we protect your data
All user data is encrypted.
Website Usage & Analytics
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor information.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However our website features will not function as a result.
Cookies: Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
Cookies: Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Cookies: Other Websites and Embedded Content
We currently embed content from the following websites;
- Sound Cloud
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us regarding any aspect of your personal data or account we kindly ask that in order to expedite any request you send us a message via our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gigitsky as this will help us verify your identity.
If you do not wish to contact us via facebook then you can email us at . However, please be aware that should your enquiry require that we verify your identity then we will still need you to log into your account.
Should you wish to write to us you can do so at;
Coolgorilla Ltd, Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
We may make a small charge for this service if your request relates to personal data.